Thursday, October 8, 2009

Flok Tradition part 1




My family has many traditions, like eating at my aunts house every Christmas for breakfast and at my uncles for dinner .BBQ in the summer time with family reunions. But the one tradition I like to share with you comes from my Arabic heritage .It is one that I learn about not to long ago .It is tradition if you have guess over your that you serve tea or coffee after dinner this is a signal that the evening has come to an end .In other words nice seeing you time to get out of my house. The coffee is my favorite because you can read you four ante .The way it works is when you and you guess finishes the coffee you pore water in the grinned coffee that is left turn it up side down and when it dries pic. will appear on the inside of the tea cup. you read the pic. and it tells a story of you future. for example mines had a baby with a smile on his face to represent my nephew who is coming with in a few days. It also had pic. circle which represents success. and a man on one nee with another man beside him which represent a guy introducing me to another guy maybe a friend of a friend, but this guy will propose in the near future .I'd like to see how that will play out. these fortunes claim the be accurate. my aunt always does it and her fortune are usually true. any one can read the fortune they just have to know what the symbols mean.I don't know all the symbols yet but I'm learning.hopefully one day I can be good as my aunt.

1 comment:

  1. Are the fortunes always about something good happening? Or does your aunt predict that something bad is coming. I've always been reluctant to have my fortune told -- it's almost as if I just don't want to know.

    I love that you are learning to carry the tradition on.

    ReplyDelete